Makes 6 servings
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 2 lbs.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed
- 1 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Flatten chicken breasts slightly by pounding them between 2 pieces of waxed paper. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook chicken breasts about 3 minutes per side, until browned. Remove and keep warm. In same skillet, cook onion and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, wine, honey, thyme and tarragon. Simmer sauce about 15 minutes or until thick. Return chicken to sauce; add olives. Cover and cook another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. To serve, divide chicken and sauce evenly between serving plates. Sprinkle with parsley.