Hmm, found this recipe on allrecipes.com, I’m thinking I may try this in a slow cooker, can’t wait. Enjoy!
- 1 (6 pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Rinse and pat dry the chicken; place in roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the honey, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Using your hands, rub the honey mixture all over the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted butter.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven until the skin begins to brown, 30 to 45 minutes. Baste the chicken with juices in the roasting pan.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and roast until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Baste occasionally during roasting. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (80 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.